National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuaries in Rajasthan

0
258
National parks & wildlife sanctuaries in Rajasthan

National parks and Wildlife sanctuaries in the Rajasthan state of India attract all most tourists and wildlife photographers from all over the world. Through a large percentage of the total area of Rajasthan is the Thar Desert. There are 5 National parks & 25 wildlife sanctuaries in Rajasthan

Most of the desert is situated in Rajasthan, covering about 61% of the geographic area of Rajasthan State. About 10 percent of this region comprises sand & dunes, and the remaining 90 percent consists of craggy rock forms, compacted salt-lake bottoms and there is little forest area also covers.

Rajasthan has a rich and variety of animals, wildlife, parks, and plant species. The state has over 2000 plant species, 37 wildlife Sanctuaries, 87 species of mammals, 114 species of fish, over 500 species of birds, and about 81 species of reptiles.

List of 28 National parks & wildlife sanctuaries in Rajasthan

  1. Ranthambore National Park – Sawai Madhopur
  2. Van vihar wildlife sanctuary – Dholpur
  3. Bassi Wildlife Sanctuary – Chittorgarh
  4. Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary – Bikaner
  5. Jaisamand Wildlife Sanctuary – Udaipur
  6. Khodeswar Ran Shelter – Jaswantpura
  7. Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary – Kumbhalgarh
  8. Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary – Mount Abu
  9. National Chambal Wildlife Sanctuary – Kota
  10. Phulwari ki Nal Wildlife Sanctuary – Udaipur
  11. Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary – Udaipur
  12. Sariska National Park – Alwar
  13. Sita Mata Wildlife Sanctuary – Pratapgarh
  14. Todgarh-Raoli Sanctuary – Pali, Ajmer, and Rajsamand
  15. Keoladeo Ghana National Park – Bharatpur
  16. Desert National Sanctuary – Jaisalmer
  17. Tal Chhapar Sanctuary – Shekhawati
  18. Machiya Safari Park – Jodhpur
  19. Ramgarh Vishdhari Sanctuary – Bundi
  20. Bandh Baratha Wildlife sanctuary – Bharatpur
  21. Bassi Wildlife Sanctuary – Chittorgarh
  22. Darrah Sanctuary – Kota
  23. Dhawa Doli Wildlife Sanctuary – Jodhpur
  24. Jamwa Ramgarh Wildlife Sanctuary – Jaipur
  25. Shergarh Wildlife Sanctuary – Baran
  26. Bhainsrodgarh Wildlife Sanctuary – Chittaurgarh
  27. Jawahar Sagar Wildlife Sanctuary – Kota
  28. Nahargarh National Park – Jaipur

National Parks and Sanctuaries in Rajasthan with Area and District

S.No Name of National Parks/ Wildlife Sanctuary District Area(Sq.km.)
   National Parks
1 Keoladeo National Park Bharatpur 28.73
2 Ranthambore National Park Sawai Madhopur 392.50
Sub Total 421.23
    Sanctuaries
1 Bandh Baratha WL Sanctuary Bharatpur 199.50
2 Bassi WL Sanctuary Chittorgarh 138.69
3 Bhensrodgarh WL Sanctuary Chittorgarh 229.14
4 Darrah Game Sanctuary Kota, Jhalawar 274.41
5 Desert WL Sanctuary Barmer, Jaisalmer 3,162.00
6 Fulwari ki Nal WL Sanctuary Udaipur 492.68
7 Jaisamand WL Sanctuary Udaipur 52.34
8 Jamwa Ramgarh WL Sanctuary Jaipur 300.00
9 Jawahar Sagar WL Sanctuary Kota 153.41
10 Keladevi Wildlife Sanctuary Karoli, Sawai Madhopur 676.40
11 Kesarbagh WL Sanctuary Dholpur 14.76
12 Kumbalgarh WL Sanctuary Udaipur, Rajsamand, Pali 608.57
13 Mount Abu WL Sanctuary Sirohi 112.98
14 Nahargarh WL Sanctuary Jaipur 50.00
15 National Chambal WL Sanctuary Kota, S.Madhopur, Bundi, Dholpur, Karauli 280.00
16 Ramgarh Vishdhari WL Sanctuary Bundi 252.79
17 Ramsagar WL Sanctuary Dholpur 34.40
18 Sajjangarh WL Sanctuary Udaipur 5.19
19 Sariska WL Sanctuary Alwar 557.50
20 Sawai Mansingh WL Sanctuary Sawai Madhopur 127.76
21 Shergarh WL Sanctuary Kota 98.70
22 Sitamata WL Sanctuary Chittorgarh, Udaipur 422.94
23 Tal Chappar WL Sanctuary Churu 7.19
24 Todagarh Rawali WLSanctuary Ajmer,Pali,Rajsamand 463.03
25 Van Vihar WL Sanctuary Dholpur 25.60
Sub Total 8,739.98
Grand Total 9,161.21

Source: Rajasthan Forest Statistics 2005.

This the List of Best Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks of Rajasthan, Do visit and explore the wildlife and national park with your friends and family.

Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY